So, guess what would make a 5 day ski trip funny. Hilarious even!.....A broken wrist? No, two! K, maybe it's not THAT funny, but it is to me, since my wrists both remain intact. At least as much as they were before, which is not very, but still! On a more sensitive note, I feel terrible for both them. Melayne broke it on the first run of the first day! It was her first day! I know! On the first run of the first day she broke her wrist! Sick! And Jayme broke hers the next day! She didn't even get to learn how to carve at all! I felt so bad! Mostly because I was wiping out huge all over the place, but I was fine. I mean, I am really good at falling, and I'm pretty sure my bones bend, and I seem to bounce around a lot, but it's just not fair. To anyone else I mean. I had some pretty intense ones. It was great. There is some pretty good footage. Oh, and I was doing gainers! Just FYI. Sorry mom. But it was pretty sweet all around. The weather was actually unfortunately gorgeous, so what little snow was up there melted during the day, and froze during the night. So the morning was all ice, and the afternoon was all slush. And hot! I had the opportunity to snowboard in shorts and a T-shirt in the middle of January! I know! I got a lot of comments about it, but whatever. I'm tough. Except when this big guy with dreads and a lip ring asked me where I was from. I think I peed a little. But I'm just that hard core. And I like to go fast!
Phil found this spot in the trees off one of the black runs that was a sweet drop. Probably a 10 foot rock face that he dropped off of. It was intense. I definitely did not. Drop I mean. Finally, something my mom will be proud of me for! Just kidding mom. But no, seriously. I learned how to board slide as well! It was pretty fun. Until I talked Deb into trying a box. She bailed twice, made it once, then got a concussion. Ya, my bad. But she wasn't wearing a helmet, and I did tell her to, so I don't think she can press charges. We went snowshoeing on Wednesday, and built Quincey's. Which is basically an igloo made out of a pile of snow and hollowed out. It was pretty sweet to build, but the best part by far was taking them down! Via a super awesome drop kick! I dropped kicked right above the entrance and definitely broke right through. So I was laying on my back, staring up at roughly a ton of snow with 7 people standing on it, after just having broke through one wall........ya not to great. But all was well. Our guide wasn't impressed though. I think I got scolded three times that trip. But whatever.
We had some pretty sweet chapels too. Basically we talked about our names, and were given the opportunity to change some people's, and to encourage and affirm others. I was a little disappointed with mine, but it's ok. I went first, so people didn't really know how to respond to it, so I didn't really get anything back. Just a general agreement that it was my name. I'm trying not to take that personally. Please pray for that. But it was a good chance to encourage others and affirm their names, and the motives behind their names. I really enjoyed that.
I think it was on the fourth day that I had a nice God moment. I'll see if I can paint this for you. It was a foggy day, and from the bottom of the lift, I couldn't see the top of the mountain. Anyone who has been to B.C. knows how think the mist is. So, I couldn't see the top of the hill from the bottom. The lift took me up, through the fog, and as I got off the lift and turned around, it looked like everything was floating on a golden ocean, reflecting the early sunrise, still low in the east, barely over the mainland mountains which seemed a stones throw away. The sky was a deep royal blue, and I could not help but feel insignificant and small in His presence. I had this metaphor of life come to my mind. In that moment, He did not care what was below the clouds. There was definitely something down there, where I had come from, but it didn't matter anymore. All that mattered was that I was standing up there with Him now. Everything else was covered up by that golden ocean. Nothing else mattered. Ya, it was awesome. Just thought I'd share. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment