Wow. So, two days later.....yeah. I'm a bit ashamed that I don't have an elaborate exaggeration of fictional events to entertain you before you read this, but in my own defence, I'm getting old. Things are starting to slip my mind! I can't remember what time supper is at, and everything smells like prunes! Just kidding. But no, seriously. Anyways, this week was hectic. Maybe because it started out rough. On Monday, we had our Old Testament Literature exam on Monday ......you know, that thing we have to write....... that's worth 40% of our final mark? Ya, that thing. Which is funny considering we had just finished the class for it two days before. You may think that would be a good thing, but no. We had all of two days to study for it. I think was got a little depressed that weekend. I didn't see the sun for almost 72 hours! That is hard for an outdoor guy like me! I need to be tanned and bruised and dirt/grass stained! Just ask my mom! Right mom?..... Right?...... Mom? ..... Mom? ...... Mommy? ...... Mom?
So, we had our second last Theology class last week as well, only this time, because we had our test on Monday, we had Theology all day on Tuesday. So basically, the class that had to be split into two, or else our brains would have exploded got compacted into one day again, which so happened to be the day after our exam....which was worth 40% of our grade. Ya. Wow. I'm not sure what an aneurysm is, but I think I got one....
If you tried to imagine the most masculine night that 15 bible college guys can pull off, what would it include? Fort making? Hot Wings? Rock Band? All of the above? Correct answer .....all of the above! We made a reconstruction of the Tabernacle out of couches and tables, pigged out on chips and wings, and played Rock Band until Josh made us all feel so silly that no one wanted to play the guitar anymore. I'm not saying that I wish I had stayed inside for most of my life, but there are times where I wish I could shred a song on expert...... strictly to show off, but still! Of course, shirts were not necessary, and the band "Topless" made it's debut with style, rocking out to the songs "Move Along" by The All-American Rejects, and "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria. Ya, pretty much the two songs on Rock Band that clash the most, but we made it work!
Youth Was a lot of fun. We were given the privilege of running all the games and planning the devo. It was great! Daneille used to be a Program Director for a camp, so she had a plethora of activities to pull out, and Leila recently had an amazing experience with a lady who stole her camera bag that had $3,000 worth of stuff in it. The lady wrote her an anonymous letter to go along with all of the personal stuff that she then mailed, also anonymously, back to Leila, telling a little bit of her story. It was really neat! So between that and Daneille's vast amounts of wisdom and recreational experience, our night was set! It was really cool to be able to step into more of a leadership role for a day. I mean, as much leadership as is required to get stabbed with a pen, I feel like that night was a little bit more meaningful!
I'm going snowboarding tomorrow! Which is weird, considering the fact that I wore shorts today. I guess I shouldn't be too weirded out. I mean, I did snowboard in shorts in January! I think I need to live here......
.......what kind of self respecting guy celebrates his birthday on Valentines Day?.......
Until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment